August 2021 - To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, get vaccinated as soon as you can and wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission. We encourage all people in worship, who are able, to wear a mask regardless of their vaccination status at this time. Masks are available for you as you enter the Lobby and Worship Space.
For more information about how you can protect yourself and others - see the ND Health CoVid-19 Page
May 2021 - The CDC has released new guidelines for those individuals who are fully vaccinated. Here are those guidelines
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:
- You can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
- You can resume activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
- If you travel in the United States, you do not need to get tested before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel.
- You need to pay close attention to the situation at your international destination before traveling outside the United States.
- You do NOT need to get tested before leaving the United States unless your destination requires it.
- You still need to show a negative test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding an international flight to the United States.
- You should still get tested 3-5 days after international travel.
- You do NOT need to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.
- If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
- However, if you live or work in a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter and are around someone who has COVID-19, you should still get tested, even if you don’t have symptoms.
- You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others
CLICK HERE to see the full page on the CDC Website
Beginning on May 24 those persons fully vaccinated (two weeks following their second dose) will no longer be required to wear masks while in, on, or around the Faith✟Journey Campus. Fully vaccinated persons may wear a mask if they want, but they will not be required to.
Those persons not vaccinated must still wear face coverings in accordance iwth CDC guidelines while in, on, or around the Faith✟Journey campus.
Communion will still be celebrated by individual, presealed cups, social distancing and masks are still required for those who have not been fully vaccinated. We will continue to live stream all worship services and provide a platform for live streaming any church ministry who wishes to offer that service for those in their ministry who cannot join in person. The Worship Ministry team will evaluate communion practice at the June 2020 Team meeting
As of May 18, 2021 we have not been informed of any person acquiring the CoVid-19 virus while attending worship or programming at Faith✟Journey
Here is a timeline of what we have been doing to make sure people are safe:
Following a rise in cases in January and February policies were enacted concerning worship, seating, communion distribution, handouts, refreshments and gathering in the lobby
March 2020 In person worship was suspended. All worship services were live streamed. All programming was virtual and all church sponsored events were either suspended or were presented virtually.
• The staff hallway was locked - if you wish to speak with a staff member - please check in at the front office and the staff member will come out to the lobby to meet you.
• All of our worship services and other gatherings are continuing to be live-streamed and archived so that you can either watch live or come back at a later time and view any of our worship services. See the WORSHIP VIDEO PAGE for all of our Worship Videos.
• Holy Communion will continue to be celebrated using sealed individual cups.
• May 30, 2020 - Summer Worship Schedule was begun: Sunday, 9am Traditional; Sunday, 10:30 am Contemporary outdoor (weather permitting); Wednesday 6pm Blended
August 2020 - Expanded polices (see below) were drafted relating to all aspects of ministry in, on, around the Faith✟Journey Campus
• September 2020 - Fall Worship began with the mixed model, in person worship was allowed, however, all worship services were live streamed for those who did not feel comfortable meeting in person. Masks were required inside the building.
• October 2020 - with the rise in cases in Cass County, in person Worship/programs were suspended
• January 17, 2021 - in person option for worship was Opened - Masks required inside the building
• April 1, Church Facility Open for Church sponsored Events all CoVid protocols are still in place.
• June 20, 2021 - In person Compass and Launch was begun with streaming option for those who desired.
May 2021 - Mask Mandate for those fully vaccinated (following CDC guidelines) is suspended.
As the people of God - we understand and accept that there are differing opinions moving forward and we will do everything that we can to accommodate the needs of the people of FJLC as well as those who are seeking a relationship with God through our ministries..