Given the fluid and rapidly changing nature of the Covid-19 pandemic, the latest information that we have on FJLC ministries will be consolidated here. We will also provide resources for you to use as you make your own decisions about attending worship or any other ministry that FJLC offers.
From Pastor Mike
Dear Members and Friends of Faith✟Journey October 20,2020
I met with the church council last night and given the rise in CoVid Cases in North Dakota and in Cass County specifically and given the number of high risk folk make up our worshipping community and the potential risks associated with gathering for in - person worship, I have come to the difficult conclusion that we need to, again, suspend in-person worship.
What does this mean? That is a very good, and very Lutheran question:
1) We will not be meeting for in-person worship at least through December 31, 2020 - however we will look at the situation each month and see how things are going and will make changes as the situation warrants. Live streaming will continue and we will be sending out weekly email newsletters with announcements, worship resources and news from the congregation.
2) The church facility will be closed for all church sponsored events (Bible Studies, Social groups, "Road to Growth," support groups, etc) however, outside groups (AA, boy scouts, etc.) may use our facility as they deem appropriate as long as the areas are appropriately cleaned prior to and after use. All church ministry meetings will be conducted virtually (including meetings of the congregation). Most if not all of the church groups the use our facility have or are in the process of transitioning to virtual meeting. Please check with your leader to make sure that your have the latest information.
3) The church office will be "officially open" Monday-Thursday 10am - 1pm for limited member access to the staff, drop off and pick up of information & devotionals, bringing in offerings, etc. Please remember the CoVid policies and procedures when coming to the office and call ahead to make sure that the staff person that you would like to speak with is present.
4) Communion will be available to be picked up on Wednesdays in the West Lobby. People desiring communion may come and pick up the sealed containers, take them home and then celebrate with the community during live stream or recorded worship. Because of weather related issues, we will not be doing drive up communion.
5) The Virtual Worship Schedule will be: Sunday 10 am (alternating weekly between Traditional and Contemporary) and Wednesday 6:30 pm. The worship ministry team meets on Nov. 5 and will discuss the worship schedule moving forward through the end of the year
6) The Rite of Confirmation Worship scheduled for this Sunday is on "Hold" until a date when the situation is safer for gathering. Rachel is sending out more information to those affected by this decision. Keep watch over your email in box for information coming your way!
7) The pastors are available to you - when you cannot reach them through the office - please use the pastor care emergency line. Remember that this number is for pastoral emergencies only.
8) We are still in need of your financial gifts and tithes to continue to provide the highest quality worship and ministry we can. If you would like to use Automated Giving, you can set that up by CLICKING HERE or contact Carly in the office (701.282.3309) or Email her and she will be happy to assist you. You may also bring them to the office and leave them with Sally, mail your gift to the office or use the mail box (should be installed in the next week) to leave your give (the new secure mailbox will be next to the West Entrance Doors).
Continue to check back here for information related to church operations and news about what is going on in our community, county and state. Please share this information with those you know - especially those who may not have internet access.
Thank you all for your understanding and continued support
and may God continue to bless us and keep us in God's tender care.