The parents of children feel blessed to belong to a church that treasures young children and enjoys having them in worship services.
The ABC’s for adults worshiping with and near children may provide some helpful tools for you during worship.
Parents also know that sometimes they crave worship time with the active young ones happily playing and receiving quality care in the nursery, allowing them to fully focus on worship.
At Faith Lutheran, the nursery is open Sunday mornings from 10:45AM until the end of the 11:00AM service. It is located downstairs and to the left as you enter the west doors. Parents can use the nursery for all or part of worship and may stay with their children if they wish. Children from infancy to the end of their 3rd year are welcome. Each Sunday, 2-4 volunteers care for your children and minister to them through faith focused play, music, stories and art. All volunteers are church members and have been through safety background checks. Toys are sanitized after each Sunday and we encourage hand washing. We have a parent sign-in/sign-out system to ensure children’s safety.
At Journey in Faith, a nursery space is available during the 10:00AM worship; however, at this time it requires parents to remain in the nursery with their children due to the lack of staffing. It is located just to the right as you enter the south doors. There is a family bathroom right across from the nursery.
If you have any questions, regarding Faith Lutheran’s nursery, please contact Maren Kramer at 701.412.5968. For questions regarding the nursery at Journey in Faith, please contact Brenda Jo or calling church office at 701.282.3309.
The ABC’s for adults worshiping with and near children
- ARRIVE in time to find a good place to sit. Children are short and appreciate being able to see. We encourage you to sit up front or near the musicians to allow this.
- BRING something quiet to occupy them in restless moments. “Busy” bags and books for children are available in the hallway outside the Worship Center, or bring quiet snacks or their favorite toy.
- CALM them with hugs, sitting in your lap, and backrubs.
- DEMONSTRATE how to sing familiar refrains, fold hands in prayer, stand for the Gospel and prayers, and recite familiar parts of the service, such as the Lord’s Prayer.
- EXPRESS joy at having children worship with you. Smile at them and their parents. Dance with them when the music is lively.
- FREE yourself of the expectation to be perfect. None of us would be here if we were!
- GIVE your child something to put in the offering, and encourage them to give from their own funds as they grow older.
- HELP parents of small children.
- INVITE children to sit with you so that you may assist with bottles, dropped toys, and teaching kids how to worship.
If you have trouble hearing or concentrating because children near you are noisy, feel free to move to a quieter area.✝ Pastors and Staff of Faith Lutheran and Journey In Faith